- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper baking cups
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Use a fork to break up any clumps in the almond flour/meal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in one bowl and gently fold in 1 1/4 c. blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full; top each with the pumpkin seeds and the extra blueberries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until tops are a deep golden brown (the muffins are done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean).
*Toasted Nuts and Seeds:
Buy nuts and seeds raw. Spread them out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Pop this into a 325 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes until the nuts or seeds are fragrant but not burnt.
Credit: adapted from Thrive Market
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Yields: 12 Muffins
- 2 c. almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice (or use cinnamon)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 c. butter from grass-fed cows
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (use Madagascar if available)
- 1/3 c. raw, wild honey
- 1 1/2 c. blueberries (can use frozen thawed, wild or organic)
- Handful of toasted raw pumpkin seeds and/or toasted raw pecan pieces.*