Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prep Notes: This recipe is best made when you have leftover cooked kasha. If you are making the kasha fresh, allow for additional time.
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked kasha
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 tbsps almond or cashew butter
- 2 tbsps water (use more if needed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dairy or non-dairy milk
- Maple syrup
- Place cooked kasha in a steamer over boiling water and steam until warm
- Combine warm kasha and apple in a breakfast bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix nut butter with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend with fork until the consistency becomes creamy and add a bit more water as needed (mixture should not be too runny).
- Pour nut sauce over kasha and apples and mix well.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Add a splash of the milk of your choice.
- -Make kasha for dinner instead of rice or quinoa and use the leftovers for this breakfast.
- -Kasha keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days when covered with some olive oil.